Blog gif

Blog gif

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Wesak Day 2011

 Hey readers...Happy Belated Wesak Day to you!
May you be well and healthy..
wonder why I am still here in this time?
Because of the 老鼠粉... I'm so craving for it..
the pity thing is sue and me unable to wakeup early in the morning
and go to eat for our breakfast...6 times we failed to meet on 7am..
and we sleep like a pig! So, I'm trying not to sleep and ready for the delicious breakfast also in a great demand !(pictures will upload soon) ...
.
Yeah! So, I took some pictures yesterday and wanna to write about what is going on of the Wesak Day(Vesākha)..Sometimes informally called "Buddha's Birthday"..
As i know, Wesak Day is celebrated on around May by Buddhists which marks three momentous event in Buddha's life included his birthday, enlightenment(nirvāna), and the achievement of Nirvana which mean passing away(Parinirvāna) . This celebration begins at dawn when devotees gathering at the temples to mediate on the Eight Precepts and prayers are carried out.
.
.
Yes! There was crowed in dining hall for free lunch in this temple..
I think they have branches of this temple..
more information for this temple, you can just click to the link:
 .
I went there with my brother, my mom and her workers for the lunch..
All dishes taste good but the most i like is the soup they served..
 .
After the lunch, my brother and me went to PBHP..
How to say? PBHP is a building and the society for my childhood activities..
when i was a kid, my mom will fetch me to PBHP for the Buddhist class every Sunday..
soon and slowly i became the head for an activity until graduated in my secondary education..
somehow, i got the feeling like sweet and warm when i stepped in to this building and walk around..
because of my childhood memories and friends there? LoL..I think so..
.
 This is the new building in PBHP.....They are going to build another 3 stories building soon..
OMG ! They are so rich...
 .
we called as "bathing the Buddha"..
For Buddhists, they believed that bathing Buddha can  wash away a the dirty or bad of a person's karmas(body, speech and mind). Besides that, they pray for peace and well being and wholeheartedly beseech the empowerment of the Buddha. While bathing the image of the Buddha with auspicious water, they vow to cultivate themselves in attaining the purity of their 3 karmas as i mentioned in the past, present and future.
 .
They are many candles followers bought and light it up with their wishes..
 .
of course they won't forget to catch up this opportunity to sell something...)
 .
Yes! A colourful and beautiful hand rope that i got...(although it looks girlish abit but still nice on my hand! hahahahaha)
 .
Before we back home to end our journey in this hot afternoon,
we bought our favorite ice dessert....西密露..
they put alot of sago with the ice inside and decorate it with some fresh fruit on the top..
looks colorful and taste delicious...you must have a try when you come to Teluk Intan..
the stall is located in "58 stalls" -五十八档 in Teluk Intan, perak.
.
Happy Wesak Day 
and 
wish all the readers being well and healthy..
&
I get a good results in this semester! Buddha bless!

No comments: